International event with a special focus on “Cybersecurity and digital transformation” taking place in Lille Grand Palais
Under the patronage of the President of the French Republic François Hollande and organized by the Department of the National Gendarmerie, the Regional Council of Nord-Pas-de-Calais and CEIS, FIC 2015 will focus on cybersecurity and
“Digital transformation, which has been around for 30 years now, has been speeding up and profoundly changing our lifestyles and organizations. However, this revolution always requires greater reliability and security in order to create the framework of trust that is essential for developing new methods of use,” explained Marc Watin-Augouard, Army General (2S), founder of the International Cybersecurity Forum. “The challenges are multiple – protection of privacy and individual freedoms for individuals, economic competitiveness and control over strategic corporate data, security of critical infrastructures, regulation and sovereignty for States.”
Tasks for this 7th edition of the FIC will center on three core ideas:
- Innovation: new security and digital trust services and technologies can play a catalytic and accelerating role in digital transformation
- Data: this is the new black gold of the 21st century that oils the wheels of this transformation
- The human denominator in cybersecurity: Man is at the same time both the weak link and potentially the strong link…
To cover these various aspects, 7 theme pathways have been prepared:
- The fight against cybercrime
- Citizenships and new uses
- Geopolitics and cyberdefense strategies
- Security Management
- Operational security
- FIC Tech. This new pathway will group predominantly technical or technological workshops and master classes, targeting technical experts.
- Sector-based approaches. The aim of this new pathway is to offer workshops focusing on sectorial themes (e-commerce, healthcare, shipping, etc.) in order to facilitate the
entrenchment of security in the conduct of business.